Updated: January 27, 2022
A Special Event Construction Embargo is in effect for NYPD Police Officer Jason Rivera’s wake and funeral, affecting construction work in select areas of Midtown Manhattan.
The Department of Buildings recommends that building contractors and construction professionals in the area should also refrain from any exterior building construction and construction-related deliveries during this time. They should be aware that delivery and construction vehicles, such as concrete truck deliveries, heading to the area may be disrupted during this time period.
This embargo is in effect starting Thursday, January 27th at 12:01 AM through Friday, January 28th at 11:59 PM.
NYC DOT imposes construction embargoes during significant special events, including the New York City Marathon, parades, and for the winter holiday season. During embargoes, all active permits in the affected area(s) are suspended and no new permits may be approved, unless a waiver for the work is granted by NYC DOT.
Read more about embargoes in the Street Works Manual
NYPD PO J Rivera Wake and Funeral
No Dig Special Construction Embargo – Portions of Brooklyn
No Dig Special Construction Embargo – Portions of Queens
NYPD PO J Rivera Wake and Funeral
A Special Event Construction Embargo is in effect for the NYPD PO J Rivera Wake and Funeral. During this time frame, only emergency work may be performed provided an emergency number is received from the New York City Department of Transportation. Any non-emergency permits issued prior to the date of this notice are hereby suspended for the dates and locations indicated below. Utility cover openings are also restricted unless an emergency authorization number has been obtained from the Department of Transportation. There will be strict enforcement of this embargo and violators are subject to be summonsed. The embargoed dates and locations are as follows: (See map):
To apply for a waiver, please email email@example.com. In the subject line include “event name / waiver request”. In the body of your email, please describe in detail the scope and timeline of work and attach any relevant drawings. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Special Events: (212) 839-6620.
Embargo Dates & Times:
Thursday, January 27th 2022 (12:01 AM) – Friday, January 28th 2022 (11:59 PM)
- Area bounded by East 34th Street on the South; East 57th Street on the North; Avenue of the Americas on the West; Madison Avenue on the East (All inclusive)
- 34th Street between Madison Avenue and FDR Drive
- East 51st Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 50th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 49thStreet between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 48th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 46th Street between Madison Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue
- East 45th Street between Madison Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue
- 5th Avenue between 57th Street and 66th Street
- East 62nd Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 63rd Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 64th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 65th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- East 66th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue
- 65th Street Transverse between 5th Avenue and Central Park West
- Nagel Avenue between Academy Street and West 204th Street (Not shown on the map)
Read more details about areas in Brooklyn and Queens at NYCDOT….
Cahill Strategies has experience representing large general contractors, construction management firms, owners, and developers. A key to our success is our vast network of decision makers that we have the ability to reach on your behalf. Additionally, our team is involved in the legislative and regulatory processes at the Federal, State, and Local levels which affect the construction industry in New York State, New York City, and surrounding regions. We possess the knowledge of industry standards and trends, along with key relationships that will bring your projects to fruition. Read more…